the lightweight workhorse
The helicopter industry was first introduced to the 145e at the Heli-Expo in 2015 when Metro Aviation was announced as the launch customer for the aircraft with an initial order of six helicopters. Fast forward to 2018 and Metro has ordered an unprecedented 25 EC145e aircraft.
With support from Metro Aviation, Genesys AeroSystems and S-TEC established an STC for the aircraft in February 2019. The IFR platform incorporates the latest HeliSAS/EFIS technology, including the Genesys AeroSystems IDU-650 EFIS as well as three-axis Autopilot.
The EC145e is a powerful, reliable and affordable light twin helicopter boasting a short delivery lead-time, excellent cost competitiveness, and increased useful payload. It retains the power, performance, and reliability of the EC145 and the same large cabin with clam-shell rear doors for easy and safe loading and unloading.
The EC145e has a maximum takeoff weight of 7,903 lbs, the same as the EC145C2 variant, but the useful load is increased by as much as 330 lbs (VFR) and as much as 270 lbs (IFR).
HSI and navigation display for VOR, ILS, GPS, etc.
GPS-SBAS Flight Management System (FMS) including VNAV, LPV, etc. (as listed in RFMS)
3D Synthetic Vision System (SVS)
Flight path marker
Highway in the sky
Single Pilot VFR
- Glass cockpit
- Garmin G500H and GTN 650/750 navigation and communication system
- 2-axis HeliSAS autopilot
Dual Pilot VFR
- Glass Cockpit
- Genesys Aerosystems 3D Synthetic Vision System EFIS avionics solution
- Spacious interior with a large unobstructed flat floor cabin providing excellent cockpit visibility for pilots/crew as well as unrivaled loading capability from the rear and side
- Flexibility in role change including rapidly interchangeable optional equipment, such as the rescue hoist, internal long range fuel tank, cargo hook, bambi bucket amongst others
- Fully compliant to the latest crash-worthiness requirements FAR29/CS29 – airframe, landing gear and seats
- High set main rotor system
- Redundant systems – hydraulic, electrical and lubrication for the main transmissions
- Reduced DOC with simplified systems
- All Metro STC’s are available
Made in America
Airbus Helicopters is producing the EC145e at its final assembly plant in Columbus, Mississippi where it also produces the UH-72A Lakota for the U.S. Army and the H125 commercial helicopter for the North American market. Metro will customize the aircraft for individual customers at its completion center in Shreveport, La.
customer spotlight: airmed
Hear what University of Utah AirMed has to say about their EC145e.
Metro Aviation is constantly growing our capabilities and expanding our reach. We are proud to partner with these outstanding hospital partners and provide air medical transport to communities across the country.
Copyright 2018, Metro Aviation